Sunset Vets is a specialised palliative care and euthanasia service helping families to access home based care when they need it most.
Just been to the vet but still have questions or concerns about your pet’s medical condition? Perhaps you have one of those cats who has an absolute panic attack at the prospect of a trip in the car? Or are you caring for a much loved family member who has been unwell and is approaching the end of their life?
Our team are committed to supporting pets and their families through these tough times so if you don’t know where to turn in the face of a terminal diagnosis or have noticed your pet is slowing down and want to know if anything more can be done to ensure their comfort, get in touch. Veterinary healthcare is advancing daily – you’ll be amazed at what options you didn’t realise you had.
- In home vet consultations specialising in senior pet health, management of osteoarthritis and palliative treatment options for sick patients.
- Direct referral to a wide range of allied health professionals, specialists and alternative therapists helping you to access the best care possible for your pet.
- Quality of life assessment consultations and pre-euthanasia support.
- Assistance with arrangements for things like pet memorial photographic packages and other preparations for end of life.
- Compassionate in home euthanasia services – supporting you through the gentlest of goodbyes when you need us most.
- Facilitation of professional counselling for families dealing with end of life decisions or pet loss grief.
Where to start?
Your pet’s needs are as unique as your pet. Some pets may need just one consultation and some may benefit from many. In other cases we find our clients are simply looking for grief support or for information to help them be prepared.
Whatever you need, contact our office and one of our patient care coordinators will create a plan for you.